Big News! FJA™ successfully secured the Great Western Highway (GWH) Upgrade Works.
FJA™ is partnering with Aurecon to deliver the design for the Great Western Highway Upgrade project. We are engaged to undertake detailed design of utilities, deliver Water Servicing Coordinator (WSC) services and electrical design Level 3 ASP.
About Great Wester Highway Upgrade project
The project is funded by the Australian and NSW Government. GWH starts from the west of Railway Square in Sydney’s city center, through Parramatta and Penrith, to Blue Mountains. In general, the highway is a critical transport corridor between Katoomba and Lithgow.
GWH between Katoomba and Blackheath, and between Little Hartley and Lithgow will be upgraded. Moreover, the upgrade will complete the final 34km connection of a modern dual-carriageway link across the Blue Mountains.
Benefits of the project
The upgrades of GWH aim to:
- improve connection between Central West NSW and Sydney
- enable more reliable and safer trips for thousands of road commuters
- make the Blue Mountains and the Central West and Orana more attractive places to live
- unlock the potential of Blue Mountains, Central West and the regional areas in NSW in general
- improve safety and liveability of towns along GWH
Construction is expected to start in 2023 and to be completed in 2026.